Video Articles in Deaf Studies Digital Journal
Selection of Printed Articles
- Supalla, Ted. (2001). Making historical sign language materials accessible: A prototype database of early ASL. Sign Language and Linguistics, 4, 285-297.
- Supalla, Ted. (2004). The validity of the Gallaudet Lecture Films. Sign Language Studies 4: 261-292.
- Supalla, Ted. (2008). Sign language archaeology: integrating historical linguistics with fieldwork on young sign languages. In R. M. de Quadros (Ed.) Sign Languages: spinning and unraveling the past, present and future. TISLR9, forty-five papers and three posters from the 9th Theoretical Issues in Sign Language Research Conference, Florianopolis, Brazil, December 2006. Petropolis: Editora Arara Azul. pdf
- Supalla, T. & McDonald, Betsy Hicks. (2011) Building an infrastructure to support historical sign language research. Minpaku Anthropology Newsletter, No. 33, National Museum of Ethnology, Osaka, Japan. pdf
- Supalla, Ted. (2013). The role of historical research in building a model of sign language typology and variation. Kikusawa, Ritsuko. and Reid, Lawrence. (Eds.) The Proceedings of the International Conference of Historical Linguistics 20, 15-42. The Hague: John Benjamins.
- Supalla, Ted and Clark, Patricia. (2015). Sign Language Archaeology: Understanding the Historical Roots of American Sign Language. Washington, D.C.: Gallaudet University Press.